My Dad, the man with the quick wit and sly grin. The man whose ethics and morals have never ceased to amaze me, he works harder than anyone I know.
The man who knows that comfortable silence speaks volumes over mindless chatter.
The man with a deep passion for all things history, just ask him about anything from Civil War to the Biblical times and he can provide you with even the most minute details, enough to fill a thousand books...
He's strong and serious, but that seriousness can never conceal the love that he has always had for his family, they are the most important thing to him, above all else.

I have always admired all of these things and so much more about my Dad. He's taught me so many things in life and will undoubtedly continue to do so.
How blessed I am to have him in my life at the age of 43, that we were able to move past the misunderstandings and antics of my youth and become so close to each other. He never gave up on me, when so many others did or at least wanted to.

For all that you are and all that you will ever be, I love you Dad, with all of my heart!


10 comments:

Your words are so beautiful! So touching.

Simply Lovely. ~Mary

Lucky Girl! I give credit to any Dad who can make it thru his daughters teenage years. Great post Tiff.

He sounds very special, Happy Father's Day!
~Michelle

What a beautiful tribute, Sweetie.

Your Daddy has amazing eyes, and reflect the many qualities you spoke about.

Have a wonderful day with him.

xoxo
~vk~

What a wonderful tribute to your Dad! You are a lucky young lady to still have him. Cherish every minute you can,....you'll never regret it.

This comment has been removed by the author.
This comment has been removed by the author.

You hit the nail on the head for me Tiff. I wish I had the writing ability to put it out there the way you did. Love you sis, and Dad - Happy Fathers Day! Love you too!

That was so beautiful. You are lucky to have such a great man in your life.

For your listening pleasure....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My photo
Horseshoe Bay, TX, United States
Just a simple Southern girl looking for a place called home...

Pretty please...

*please do not use any content from this site without my permission. all rights reserved. thanks!

Blog Archive