This past week I had the pleasure of flying into Missouri and spending some time with my best friend, Jess, whom I haven't seen in 11 years. What a wonderful time we had!!! All of her family were there, and a few new little ones that I was lucky enough to meet for the first time. All of those years ago, if you would have told us we'd be grandmothers by this age, we would have hysterically laughed you out of the room, but we both agree that "Nana-hood" is the best!

Jess, I had so much fun seeing you again. Our virtual Sunday morning coffee finally became a reality and I couldn't be happier. Having you back in my life has been such a blessing, thank you so much for everything... (and thank you for not dying on Sunday morning, I will pay more attention in First Aid class next time, I swear!! lol)

I was a little worried I wouldn't get this done in time, with all the ends that needed to be weaved in and then washing it, but I made it just in time to stick in my suitcase before the trip!


A fantastic lunch of Spinach Artichoke Chicken pasta and Peach Billinis. What a great way to pick back up where we left off all of those years ago!


Spent lots of time on the back deck, what a terrific place to hang out, and the weather and view couldn't have been more perfect!


Fantastic food to be had everywhere we looked!


Sweet, sweet babies to be snuggled, I was tempted to take them all home with me! lol


My last night there was spent in the company of family and friends. Lots of fireworks going off at the end of the night, but I had already wandered up to bed by then and didn't have my camera upstairs with me for the ones let off after dark. Did get this pretty "purple passion" one though.

5 comments:

Okay that looks like SO much fun. I have never been down that way... I really need to go. Glad you had a good time... that baby is beautiful!

OK I am jealous!

So glad that you had a great visit with a dear friend!

Sounds like a wonderful trip! BFF's are just the best....no matter how many years between visits.

xoxo
~vk~

that sounds like a great time! especially that food you guys were having!!! i hear Nana-hood is pretty awesome, it's nice to know we all have something so grand to look forward to.

For your listening pleasure....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My photo
Horseshoe Bay, TX, United States
Just a simple Southern girl looking for a place called home...

Pretty please...

*please do not use any content from this site without my permission. all rights reserved. thanks!

Blog Archive